Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My experience with technologies mentioned in the learning objectives

Delicious is a service that I had not used until now. When I’m working as a software developer, I often use StackOverflow, a popular site that makes judicious use of social tagging. For me, it is something that needs to be experienced to appreciate. As with StackOverflow, the Delicous search results are exceptionally accurate/precise, but the recall is quite less than what I would have retrieved from a Google search. In addition to tagging, Delicious provides a great utility to import/upload your browser’s bookmarks so they are in the “cloud”. The bookmarks utility provides great utility in auto-tagging your bookmarks and searching bookmarks by tag. Imported bookmarks may also be manually tagged. I’ve uploaded a sample of my IE bookmarks. The auto-complete search-box adds a polished feel to the search experience.

My experience with flicker was useful. I generally use Google Picasa for managing my photos online. Uploading, managing, and tagging photos on Flicker was a straightforward. I uploaded a few images, tagged them, and organized them into a set.

No comments:

Post a Comment